What's New in Version 5.3.5 (04/09/2004)
- I fixed a couple more XP sizing differences, that throws off the look of some of the windows. As mentioned below, you can now set the XP Offset. This is the number of pixels to offset the display. 60 seems to work pretty well. You can set it on the Options/Utilities menu.
- I've made some changes to the Match Titles section on the Match window. Now, when you match a title to a ROW title, if any of the data on FWIW is missing on the ROW title, FWIW will update the ROW record. Important: This includes the GCD title ID. Over the next few months, I will be updating the FWIW data with the GCD title wherever I can find a match. After that, if you link a title to FWIW, FWIW will automatically update the GCD title link, which means you won't have to do that. For new users, this could really reduce the amount of time to enter your data. I'll write up more info on this when the FWIW data is ready.
What's New in Version 5.3.4 (8/15/2003)
- XP has some minor differences in sizing, that throws off the look of some of the windows. Either the buttons are partially obscured, or the scrollbars are partially covered. As in ROW, you can now set the XP Offset. This is the number of pixels to offset the display. 60 seems to work pretty well. You can set it on the Options/Utilities menu.
- XP also changes the background color, and icons a bit, so I've attempted to fix those as well.
- Integrated the help file into FWIW
What's New in Version 5.3.3 (12/05/2002)
- Very little. Last month I had to turn the "new titles only" option on the match window off, since there were over 12,000 new titles. Now it is back on. Each month, I suggest you turn that on, and see what's new to match those first.
- Also, when FWIW updates a row record, it will put the name of the Price Guide used in the Price Guide 3 field in ROW. That way you can tell where the data is from.
BTW, if you don't mind, send me the name of the top 2 or 3 titles you cannot find. I will add those.
What's New in Version 5.3.0 - 5.3.2 (11/06/2002)
To put it simply, ALOT!
We've been able to add over 12,000 additional titles, and values for nearly 90,000 additional issues. I've added a number of changes to FWIW to handle the additional volume. Please take a look at the help pages which can be found here.
In addition, there is an updated helpfile which will be downloaded with version 5.3.0 - you can also download it view it here.
Because of the massive effort in pulling in all this additional data, without question there will be some data errors. As you find them, please jot them down, and every once in a while, send me your latest list. Over time we will try to correct anything that it incorrect now.
What's New in Version 5.2.2 (08/06/2002)
- There is only one change, based on an excellent user suggestion - the ability to flag, and then skip multiple / ambiguous updates to be reviewed later - click here for details
- There is also a data change of which you should be aware. We had spelled "Jonny Quest" incorrectly (was "Johnny Quest". So, if you currently have any "Johnny Quest" titles linked on your match window, de-link them, and then re-link them to the correctly spelled title. Sorry for the inconvenience.
What's New in Version 5.2.0 (04/10/2002)
- There was a very annoying bug for Win2000, NT and XP users where the "Always on top" windows, like the title info, or cuecards, didn't stay on top. That's fixed.
- On the Match Titles window, I made the title match a true confirmation where you can actually Cancel the match. In the past, it was fairly pointless. The confirmation is now optional. Turn off the Confirm Link checkbox if you don't want the confirmation message to appear.
- Data was displaying in the wrong columns on the Master list - "Your Old Issue Data" contained "Your Title" info. "Your Title" contained "Your Publisher" info. "Your Publisher" ended up being a blank column. Those have been corrected.
- If you were running at 1024 x 1200 resolution, the horizontal scroll bar on the Match Titles window was partially cut off. That should display properly now.
What's New in Version 5.1.3 (03/04/2002)
- To more accurately handle entries of other than currently changed records, I've added an "Added to DB" field. This way, issues that were added in March of 2002, for example, but had a value effective date of 1/1/2001 (Overstreet Annual) can be accurately captured.
- Added the ability to sort the master grid, as well as to move/hide columns. Select a column or columns, right mouse click, and then choose the appropriate action from the pop-up menu.
- In the same pop-up menu is the option to export the grid to an htm file, as well as to print it's contents.
What's New in Version 5.1.2 (07/24/2001)
- Unbeknownst to me, the update app was updating the wrong ini file with your settings. I've fixed that now, but the first time you use this version, you may have to reset some things.
What's New in Version 5.1.1 (06/16/2001)
- If you matched a title with a single quote, it was accidentally getting converted to a double quote, and therefore, would not be updated. This has been fixed. Click here for info on how to fix your data, and update any records that may have been missed.
- The Value Update program will now update records of any owner status, not just "Owned" records. This means your wish list, for example, will also be updated with the latest values.
- The mouse was remaining as an hourglass on the Confirm Update window. That should now be fixed.
The Single Quote Problem:
You need to delink, and then re-link any titles containing a single quote. Here's the easiest way to do that.
- Click the options button on the toolbar
- Make sure the Show Issues for Matched Titles Only option is selected
- Select All Dates in the As of Date drop down
- Click Refresh
- Click Close
- Let the update program complete the match process if it starts to go through it.
That will display all the issues in the update database that have a single quote anywhere in the title, and that match one of the titles in your Realms database.
Click the Match button on the toolbar. On the Match window, select each of the titles with a single quote from the list on the bottom of the window
You should notice that one of the entries will have a double quote instead of a single quote (I fixed it already in the example above). Once you've selected the title, click the Delete Link button. This will remove the linked titles from the list at the bottom, and place them back into the lists.
Select the title from each list, and then click the Link button (<==>). This will re-link them correctly.
Repeat this process for each title. Once complete, run the update process for all dates for these titles only. That is the current selection criteria, so you should be able to simply close the match window and click the Update Collection button.
That should get everything back up to date.